Me in a Nutshell
My name is Aaron Sharp. I am a junior marketing major at
Ohio Northern University. I am from Greenfield, Ohio. A town about 2 and a half
hours away from Ada in southern Ohio. It is much like Ada and I believe being so “familiar” is part of why I came here. I’m excited to be starting this
blog and sharing things such as, social media and the role it plays in our
lives, my thoughts on a book we are currently in class, and a little bit about
myself and my life here on campus. I hope you enjoy.
We may have
a small campus here at Ohio Northern, but there are plenty of ways we find to
spend our time when we aren’t in class. I am on the men’s golf team and this
past year is my first year playing. I am involved in two Christian organizations
here on campus. One is NCF which is affiliated with CRU or Campus Crusade for
Christ. We have weekly meetings every Thursday and worship nights once a month
in the chapel. The other is FCA which is Fellowship of Christian athletes and
we meet every Tuesday evening. I also have an on-campus job for the ONU
Phonathon. I am a shift supervisor for 2 nights a week and also am required to
do office hours twice a week as well. Being a supervisor, I keep the callers on
track during shift, lead the opening announcement meeting and put everything
away before everyone goes home. It also comes with the responsibility of
connecting with alumni and following up on calls from the previous night.
When I’m
not working on school work, I have a lot of hobbies that I enjoy. I recently
just started going mountain biking with my dad and it has become one of our
favorite things to do together. I also just enjoy being outside, so I like
hiking, skateboarding, and riding my road bike as well. I’m also into
powerlifting. I just recently got into it and have been really enjoying the
progress I’ve been able to make over the past year and one of my goals is to enter a competition next spring. I love traveling. When I was a sophomore in high
school I was able to go to Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England and I’ve had
the travel bug ever since. I will be spending this summer in Chicago so I’m
really excited to get back out of Ohio and travel around the city.
I hope
those of you who read this far enjoyed learning a little about me and would
like to know more. My goal by the end of the semester is to be able to connect
with my audience through this blog and learn a little more about the process of
blogging in general.
Hi Aaron. I, too, came from a small town much like Ada. Our closest store was a half an hour away and we had two gas stations. We also had a train that ran through the middle of town much like Ada. I agree that the familiarity of Ada may have been the reason I chose to attend school at ONU.
ReplyDeleteI was unaware of so many organizations we have here on campus and appreciate you talking about them. I'm glad to hear that this small town holds a lot of entertainment and enjoyment for you.
I hope golfing helps with much of the stress I assume the Phonathon brings. I imagine it's not always an easy thing to do.
As for travelling, I hope you're able to explore the world and share more of those experiences on your blog for people like me that have never traveled further than Washington D.C.
Hey Aaron! First of all, I'm glad to be having a couple classes with another marketing major. If you have any words of wisdom or advice, please don't hold back. I'm also from a small town so I totally relate to you about coming to ONU for the size! I wasn't ready to be overwhelmed anywhere bigger. Also, I think it's cool that you're involved in so many things around campus, I didn't know those kind of organizations were here on campus.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete